Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dancing

"See you at the Porters Lodge in 5 minutes..." I put down the phone and off we went to Club Salsa. Angie, Jen and I for the first time, went to club together. This is a slightly different club. As you can tell from the name - SALSA. We are actually in the same salsa class and they wanted to have a look at the club.

It was Saturday night, i actually got a discount for entering the club as I am part of the Hispanic Society. Sounds cool isn't it? We were anticipating salsa music but felt weird because obviously it was not salsa music. We later found out that Saturday night is latin night. So, they will play a mixture of latino music. There were a lot of merengue. I still have problems differentiating them most of the time. Being a newbie, i had no choice but to watch and learn. The key I think, is just to dance to the music after that.

Merengue, with simpler basics compared to salsa, has got some similarities with salsa, especially the twisting and turning. I used whatever I have learnt in salsa and tried to apply it right on the dance floor. I hope Jen and Angie didn't mind being guinea pig for the night. But they did enjoy it I guess. To me, I don't think there is any music so far which is so danceable as latino music. I do not seem to enjoy in other clubs that much with all the cheesy, rock, and RnB music. Although RnB is still alright for me. My muscles are starting to 'listen' to music...

I love dancing!

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Rawr said...

eh...without even stalking.. I think I found your blog

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey read my blog. First post. Ok or not?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home