Saturday, May 31, 2008

Revising

9.30a.m.
It is the 6th paper I am going to take this afternoon. this is the 8th day of the prolonged examination (NST Tripos Part 1b 2008). This post will be random and truncated, reflecting my thoughts for the moment. Already exhausted by repeated cramming of information, storing them for the next day's exam, then store them for the next round of papers if there is space, if not delete them temporarily, reload the day before the next round (paper 2 I mean), then regurgitate them during the exam. This prolonged processing and storage is causing some serious stress to my mind and body. Lo and behold, my last paper of the week, which is taking place this afternoon, could be the hardest and worst paper in my examination history, maybe not, but for this exam maybe. They worned me out and send me their 'immortals'.

Well, this evil paper is called Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (2) which includes short answers that are very specific and not giving us a choice and 2 general essays out of 5 requiring us to assimilate all that we have learnt throughout the course. Strategy to defend: Study everything!!! 12 chapters from top to bottom, including all the minor details. If not, you will have extra time in exam! Sounds good huh? Yesterday Tegwen said: Gonna diiieee tomorrow! Siew Kit's personal msg: Staring helplessly on the evil Biochem paper (he meant past years lah!). I said on my msn personal msg: 5 + 1 (myself) down, 4 more to go. Oh yea, after such a long struggle, I still can't believe that even after I have finished today's Helm's Deep equivalent battle, without Gandalf in the end, I still have 3 more papers to go, which is going to end a week later.

Back to revision...

10a.m.
Decided to write again. Well, this doesn't seem like a right way to revise. But, I couldn't care anymore. It is better to keep me sane and stress level to the minimum than to breakdown in the exam, not likely, but I don't want to be depressed. Another 3 hour exam later. I think at 4.30pm I will be extremely relieved. I know there is another week to go, but I deserve a break.

Taking out another set of notes....

Flipped through the notes on folding and catalysis. I have gone through this set of notes for several times because I think it is a very difficult topic. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I have mastered it at all, although a few times seems like whoa! The details are just too difficult to stick in my tiny brain.

Read for a bit.... then sneezed...ooops, immune system not working very well it seems. Brother, not enough sleep la you!

Continue reading....

10.22a.m.
Flipped through two topics, felt a bit sick of the material. Hopefully I could remember small bits to gain small marks. Feeling down and lack of excitement, I think I will just go and do whatever I can in this exam. Expectation dropped to the lowest point. I guess the wall will fall today. Well, getting inspiration from Lord of The Rings, maybe I should fight until the end. Maybe....Gandalf will appear. Haha! But it's ok, at least I have sort of survived the previous attacks with not very serious casualties here and there.

Continuing... How to clone genes into mammals?

10.33a.m.
Hmmm....Go disturb Hong King...hehe

10.50a.m.
Back to work.

11.17a.m.
At such a short time, I have finished going through (flipping through) all the 12 chapters. What a genius I am! Well, partially giving up, and knowing that I can't take in anymore. Sneezed for a couple of times this morning already. This is showing that I am getting sick soon. But it's ok, tonight I will concentrate on fighting infection instead of tripos, which is to sleep and take more fruits and vitamins. Life is good...

Should I call it a day and go for a nap? I think I should.

Good luck Wei Shen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home